In Which We Answer Many Questions
about 1 year ago
– Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 12:04:30 AM
Hello Realm Dwellers!
Apologies, it has been a while since I've been able to properly sit down and write a good update, so we have plenty to cover! Some of you may know that I host a video game pub quiz every month, and so some time was devoted to putting on that event. That does not mean that I've been neglecting the Kickstarter however! Tina has been compiling some common questions, and I've got more information to share, so let's get to it!
The Final Showcase Will Be at Fallout Comics in Portland This Saturday!
As you can see above, our final showcase will be in Portland, OR, at Fallout Comics! Come on down, check out the table and accessories, meet me and Tina, and pick up some discount comics while you're there!
The table will be on display from 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM
High Resolution Pictures Now Available!
I've put up some hi res pictures of the table and most accessories (including pictures of the table with the leaves on!) on 500px. If there are more high resolution images you'd like to request, please comment on this update and I will ad them as I have time!
Chair and Table Stain Colors!
When you visit the high resolution gallery, the first four items are the chairs. The colors of the chairs are the colors that we will be using for the tables. They don't have fancy names yet, so right now they are (in order) White, Light Natural, Dark Natural, and Black. NOTE: The Dark Natural stain will be a bit darker than is represented on the chair.
We'll have a better picture of the stain colors before you commit in the pledge manager. Here are a few notes about the chairs:
- There will be an option for the chair with no cushion (see pics)
- Chairs will be offered at Bar Top height!
- Final chairs will have 2 hinges instead of 1
- Final chairs will use recessed black bolts, not screws
Oh, and the premium accessories will be available in the same 4 colors!
Canada Shipping and Local Pickup
So, if you are a Canadian backer, you may have noticed that the Kickstarter reward tier for your table does not charge for shipping. If you haven't heard, the shipping cost for Canada is $50 above the US price, so the Standard is $200 to ship and the XL is $300. This does not include VAT or duties, though we are looking at ways to keep these costs as low as possible.
As a reminder, because our shipping estimates are skewing high, if we do not end up using the total cost of shipping, we will find a way to thank you for supporting our building of the process.
Local Pickup will be available for customers in Seattle. I'm looking at ways for you all to not have to pay the $150 up front shipping cost. More info TBD.
Oh, and local pickup will only be for the chairs and the tables; premium accessories will be shipping out well before the tables do, and we don't want to add the logistical complexity of multiple local pickup time frames.
- Oct. 4 - KS Ends; payments begin processing
- Oct. 15 - Survey goes out
- Oct. 16 - Final Product design goes into production design
- November 1 - C4 Labs begins production of premium accessories in the US
- November 15 - Production begins in China
- January 15 - C4 Labs finishes production of premium accessories; shipping begins
- January 20 - First wave of tables arrive in US ports
- February 1 - Local pickup begins (Seattle)
- February 20 - Tables begin shipping
- March 1 - Second wave of tables arrive in US ports
- March 10 - Local pickup begins (City #2)
- March 15 - Tables begin shipping
- March 30 - Local pickup begins (City #3)
- April 30 - All tables, chairs, and accessories are delivered
Dates are approximate and subject to change (especially the local pickup dates!)
Q's from the Comments
Finally, we've had tons of activity in the comments, thank you to the many people who are engaged and have questions about the Kickstarter! And we are especially grateful for folks like Steve, Eldessar, and Freebooter Toys who have kept on top of many user questions that have been answered along the way. Thank you all for your enthusiasm and support! Let's get into the Qs:
- What is the weight of the table? We can only estimate for now, but the Standard will be approx. 110-140 lbs, and the XL will be around 150.
- What are the measurements of the chairs? I will include the diagrams at the bottom of this update!
- What is the material going to be for the cushions? As usual, sourcing will determine the actual material, but the cushions will be made out of a furniture fabric, likely a suede-like material.
- Can we see photos of the playfield material? What is it? Similar to the cushions, the playfield material will be a durable furniture decor fabric.
- What's the last secret? If you've been to our showcases, you've probably seen it, but I will reveal the final feature of the 2nd Breakfast table and make some cool announcements about upcoming events in our final Kickstarter Live stream! Details coming soon!
Whew! That's quite an update! I hope you got some of your questions answered, please continue to share the table with your friends, gaming groups, local game stores, and facebook groups! Let's get that final stretch goal!!